The 5 Medical Tests that are Worth a Visit to the Doctors
Growing older isn’t as bad as it’s often made out to be. There are plenty of benefits to go along with it. Better salaries, discounts, life long friends, and of course wisdom. For those of us blessed with good health thus far, it is important to take proper steps when minting ourselves physically and mentally. The thought of the doctor’s office can make some or us cringe at times. However taking precautionary steps can really pay off in the future, and you’ll be glad you took them.
- Test 1. Colonoscopy. Well, it’s going to be hard to talk people into having this test done. Only about 30-35 percent of men are screen for colon cancer. This number is far too low. Starting at age 50, individuals should be screened regularly for colon cancer. I can assure that it won’t be the most pleasant thing, but it does save lives, and that’s what counts most.
- Test 2. Skin Exam. At this age we have more to worry about than acne. After years of sun exposure it is important to have your skin examined head to toe. This can help prevent serious complications and detect early signs of skin cancer. Having your skin graphed may also influence you to use sunscreen more diligently, as you see damage that may have been sauced by the sun.
- Test 3. Blood Sugar. Bad eating habits, lack of exercise, excessive weight, or even genetics can influence your blood sugar in a bad way. All of these things can lead to diabetes. When your mid 40’s come around be sure to get a fasting blood sugar test, and then again once every three years.
- Test 4. Blood Pressure. This is the easy one. You are even able to skip your doctor’s visit if you purchase a blood pressure machine that is for the home. Very easy to check, doesn’t take a lot of time, and can tell you a lot about your health. Great for showing the warning signs of possible heart attack/ stroke.
- Test 5. Breast Exam. Although this test is usually reserved for women, it doesn’t always exclude men. Women should start getting breast exam’s in their 20’s every three years and starting at 40 once a year. Men can usually tell if there is something wrong, and a quick check by a doctor during another visit will suffice. once a year for women is not that hard, get to your doctors and find peace of mind.
There you have it. The 5 tests you might want to have done. Being anxious of a little concerned is quite alright before testing. As long as you take regular precautionary steps, you should be fine. Don’t let the inconvenience of the doctors office inconvenience you in the future.
Alyssa Jacobs is the author of this article. Alyssa helps maintain AcneCentre.com. This is a website that helps guide people to the best acne products and gives reviews on them, like the Exposed Review.